Here is a message to all fans of sports...things are good. I know that the economy sucks right now and that it looks a bit bleak. But look to the holiday season, smile, and spend your hard earned money on your family and friends. Because through it all there will be sports, there will be entertainment, and there will be drama.
1. NFL...please end the season right now. I don't want playoffs, I want to see the Giants vs. the Titans. Even the team names against eachother is mythical. I want to see Albert Hainsworth against Brandon Jacobs (a true Titan vs Giant). After the Giants ran all over the Ravens, it is the #1 defense I want to see. It would be a great game and fun to watch. But will we see it, will the Titans stumble, or the Giants get through the tough division? So Roger Goodell please stop this, no more ties, no more referees sucking, just let these two teams play for it all and let us watch.
2. NASCAR...Jimmy Johnson is Champion again. 3 times in a row. It hasn't been done in 30 years...and now only done twice. My favorite Carl Edwards won yesterday, for the third time in four races, finishing 2nd overall in the Chase. Leads up to a good season next year...Roush-Fenway with Edwards and Jamie McMurray, Tony Stewart starting his own team, DEI and Gnassi racing combining into one team, and Mark Martin joining Junior, Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon in Hendrick Racing. Good things for 2009.
3.NCAA football...sorry Redskins fans Steve Spurrier still can't win. Florida showed that they are the most powerful team in the country with a 56-6 win. Alabama won again, maintaining the #1 spot. Looks like a fun time for Texas Tech, Alabama, Florida, and Texas for the BCS championship game. Do we need a playoff? I don't think so just have the Big 12 champion play the SEC champion every year.
4. NCAA basketball...it's starting again. Tyler Hansborough has a stress reaction in his shin. I'm not sure what that means, except that he continues to be a big pansy. Duke almost lost to URI (yes A10 fans...that is Rhode Island). Randolph Macon (a D3 school) beat George Mason. And the fun is just starting.
5. NBA...Mark Cuban needs to learn a lesson from Martha Stewart. Just don't lie. You take a risk at jail time for $750000, doesn't seem smart for a billionaire. I know that MLB wouldn't let you by the Cubs, but don't break the law becuase of it. In other NBA news...who cares? It's still boring.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If the Titans make it 16-0 and everyone outside of TN still doesn't care, does it count?
Post a Comment